Subject: Re: [Leica] MLU
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 09:20:16 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry for repeating all the below stuff. When discussing the Mamiya lenses
vs. Hasselblad lenses please take into account the superior film
flatness of the Mamiya 6 and Mamiya 7. Hasselblad magazines have
always exhibited problems with film flatness. If the film is in the
magazine for some time, usually the next frame has a curved set and
will not exhibit proper sharpness. Also, the first few frames of a
120 roll will be sharper overall than the last few which unroll
from a much smaller spool diameter. The film gets little curves
near the end. So it ain't just the lenses.  Ed Meyers