Subject: Re: [Leica] Aspherics are forever
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 12:00:46 -0700

Martin Howard wrote:

> Edward Meyers wrote:
> >
> > Aspherics didn't help Alfred Eisenstadt make the wonderful
> > Leica images in athe 1930s. It ain't the lens. It's the
> > person behind the lens. Ed
> >

> Of course it is!!  But does that mean that we aren't allowed to joke?
>
> M.

No one else has said it as they're all dropping like flies so I will:
Alfred Eisenstadt used the best stuff he could get his hands on just
like most pros then and now. When a better film, camera, or lens came
out which  and other photographers started using then he would
undoubtably give them a shot.
In this real world of the top photographers using Leica M how many have
spurned the Aspheric technology? One or two curmedgions hiding under the
woodwork carefully cleaning off their Vinyl LP records on each play. We
want our images to be the highest technical quality possible it would be
weird not to.
Mark Rabiner