Subject: Re: [Leica]M6 vs F100
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:47:54 -0400

Bill-
I just finished shooting my niece's wedding. She prevailed upon me to do
hers, after a hiatus of about 17 years, and my old eyes were straining to
focus the Hassy in the low light! I can see where the use of AF and SLRs
make absolutely good sense for some 'bread and butter' photographer where
you must get the image....regardless of what equipment it takes!  The MTF be
damned if it is reasonably sharp and the prints satisfy the customer!
I used the Leica- and SL and a IIIf for candids during the weekend
festivities, and they were wonderful, but then again, I don't build tables,
or mend the roof using shovels and rakes- different tools for different
jobs!
For my old eyes- a Leica with even an AF module that lit an LED to confirm
focus would be a much better improvement for me than a fancy metering
circuit.... But then again, that is my particular taste, and desire.
If you get the shots you want, and they look reasonably good- and make you
look competent, use what ever tools does the job. Saying the M6 or the IIIg
are the ultimate scares me! I figure that the person saying this may try to
fix their car or mend a fence with their camera!
Dan