Subject: [Leica] R-19/2.8 new vs old
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 20:26:06 +0400

I've been pained by the expensive idea that I need a 19mm lens. Alright,
I don't *need* it, I can still think that straight, but I certainly
*want* it. Although I have a liking for brand new lenses, I asked a
local dealer to let me know if he'd come across a used one. Most likely
he'll come up with the discontinued filterless version. My question is:
are they optically different?

Thank you. I hope that this fever goes away, and I'll just get a $70
Russian lens with a $30 body to go with it. But knowing myself, I doubt
it.

Bernard.