Subject: Re: [Leica] wich enlarger optic is the best, focotar or elmar?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:28:52 -0700

"Moore,Andrew" wrote:

> > What are these new APO enlarging lenses -- I wasn't are* there was such a
> > thing for the Focotar*.  Can you provide more information?  (I'm perfectly
> > happy with my Focotar f/4.5, but I'm curious now).
>
> * make that "aware"
> * make that "Focomat"
>
> Personal goal: to be able to take photographs better than I can type.
> Shouldn't be too hard to achieve that.
>
> --Andrew
> no archive

When you look and the B&H ads just look for the ones that cost a whole
ton of money. Made by Schneider and others with funny focal lengths that
don't really match up to the film formats you would think they would.
Some of them have plates with holes in them instead of F stops. I've
never seen one in person but people are buying them from others who are
selling them. There's a whole world out there. I hear they are quite
large in size. A dream to kill for!
Mark Rabiner