Subject: Re: [Leica] battery covers
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:49:35 -0700

Doug McLernon wrote:

> Richard Clompus asked "Just out of curiosity, what did Leica charge you for
> the slotted battery cover?"
>
> Obviously` Richard you have not been long enough on this list to understand
> the mentality of Leica collectors. The non-slotted battery cover will soon
> become a collectors item. On a previous occasion I offered  all Lug members
> a chance to get in early on the now "classic" battery cover to no avail. My
> intention now is to co coroner the market and release these gems on a
> limited basis to finance my retirement.
> Regards,
> Doug
> Dublin, Ireland

thank you and they should come in colors to match your softies. Also a
choice of Phillips, Torx.
Japanese cameras have slots which our Amercian currency doesn't quite
work with. It makes it ragged. I hear a yen fits right in those Nikons
with no damage! What I wouldn't do for one yen in my pocket. Haven't got
a yen. I yearn for a yen. So slots should be optimized for different
currencies. Does a Eurodollar have change? Perhaps not coin operated?
Back to the darkroom. Ah those fumes!
Mark Rabiner