Subject: [Leica] Re: Ebay advice
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:00:27 +1300

Hi All,

Thank you to all of those who wrote giving me advice about eBay. I will
endeavour to thank you all individually. Thanks to many who suggested using
the iEscrow service, i've proposed going down this route to the seller, who
will be letting me know sometime today.

Many suggested i should have tried contacting the seller before the end of
the auction. I actually did do this, but there was no response. After the
auction one of the bidder's wrote to me and told me that he too had tried
to query a few things about the item, and he too had not had any response.

Checking the feedback forum just made me more nervous which is why i
initially wrote to the LUG. My nervousness twitched into paranoia when i
looked at the names of the people who had supposedly bought from the seller
previously. One of the people who was bidding furiously against me was one
of the seller's previous buyers. Now that's no big deal, except for the
fact that the price jumped by about $250 and when i nolonger wanted to
compete with the way the price was jumping he pulled out of the auction
leaving all the bids back to where they were before he started bidding.

In the feedback forum the times which are listed for buyer feedback are all
1 minute apart from when the IIIG auction started. The name 'aeberm' is
also the email address of my seller. My seller has told me that she is
using a previous buyer/friends email account, as she lives in Costa Rica.

For some reason I am beginning to have some faith in the seller's
testimony. As Mary pointed out the IIIG may be the european designation.
The funny thing is I'm already the proud owner of a Leica III.
If the camera is one of these, under iescrow, it should be just a matter of
returning it.

Anyway, i'll let the LUG know when more information, IE-The Camera or
closure, comes to hand.

Thank you again to all of you. I really do thank this world for the support
of the LUG!
Gary
"He's dead Jim...
        ...I'll get his tricorder, you get his wallet."

                                                   -Star Trek
    OO
    [_]<|
     /|\