Subject: Re: [Leica] M2 contrition
From: Martin Howard <marho@ikp.liu.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:16:17 +0200

Paul Bolam wrote:

> I have an admission to make, I've just bought an M2 body to celebrate
> the birth of our newborn son!
> N.B. I made sure it was manufactured in the year of my birth (serial
> number 93109x).

This is a clear sign of Leica addiction: Making up excuses to purchase
Leica gear.

> Is this a serious crime - in that I haven't told the wife about
> buying this OR the recent purchase of the secondhand M6 + noctilux?

Yes.  The fact that you ask the question makes you guilty by
uncertainty ;)

> Is there salvation for me or am I condemned to celebrate life's good
> fortunes with sentimental purchases?

Yes, you are condemned to celebrate life's good fortunes with senti-
mental purchases.  However, you'll notive two things: (a) as time goes
on, your sentimentality becomes increasingly expensive;  (b) life's
good fortunes become increasingly frequent.

> Think I'm suffering from the Leica bug - how long do the symptoms
> last?

A lifetime ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard, Grad. Schl. for Human-Machine Interaction,  |
HMI/IKP, Linkoping University, SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.|    Just
Tel: +46 13 28 5741; Fax: +46 28 2579; ICQ: 354739         | say "DOOH"
E-mail: marho@ikp.liu.se; www.iav.ikp.liu.se/staff/marho/  +------------