Subject: Re: [Leica] IIIf at 1/1000: is this normal behavior?
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:34:48 EDT

In a message dated 6/23/99 11:55:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
moorea@andovercontrols.com writes:

<< I have a IIIf (red dial) that has intermittent problems with the
 1/1000 shutter speed.  To change the shutter speed, I lift the dial
 upwards, turn it to a new setting, and let it drop back down to its
 normal position (with the bottom of the dial resting more or less
 directly on the body's top plate).  But on the 1/1000 speed position,
 the dial drops back down only part-way, leaving a slight gap (1 mm or
 so) between the top plate and the bottom of the dial.  Could this be
 related to the problems I've having at that speed, or is this normal
 for a IIIf?

 --Andrew >>
Absolutely normal for screw-mount cameras with 1/1000 speed.