Subject: Re: [Leica] XTOL capacity & time (was Question)
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:21:58 -0300

Christer:

You have two things a little confused.  The Kodak reccomendations for
increasing development time is based upon using the same one litre batch
with stock solution and returning the used developer to the container.
Doing it this way, it starts to deplete and sucessive rolls need more
developing time.  You will see similiar directions for Ilford ID-11 and
Microphen and other developers when used as stock solutions and then being
reused.

The second problem is with the Jobo tanks when using them on a rotary
developer such as their CPE-2.  The tank has two capacities marked on it,
rotary, and traditional hand inversion.  Using hand inversion the two reel
tank as a capacity of 485ml, and 260 for rotary.  If you put the tank on a
CPE-2 with a jobo-lift, the excess of developer over 260ml will pour out
when you tip the tank sideways to mount it.  If you do not use a lift, but
the magnet drive and a lid on the tankd, you will be able to process with
the 400ml in the tank.

Regards,

Robert