Subject: RE: [Leica] Have High Hopes for Heliar
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:33:23 -0400

In a message dated 6/24/99 11:26:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<< Don't leave the 35 home...The 35 is close to normal, the 15 is
 wayyyyyyywiiiiiiiiide... >>

I plan to have the15, 28, 50 and 90 (roughly doubles in focal length).  I've
always found the 35 to be the least-useful lens in the bag.  Not very wide,
but not all the way to normal.

- ----
This is what makes for horse races, or photos of horse races....If I could
only own one Leica lens, without question it would be the 35 Summilux
ASPH...I find the 35 to be the ideal focal length...I think the ideal
two-lens outfit would be the 35 S ASPH and the 75 Summilux....

I find the 35 moderate enough to be "normal," but also just wide enough to
be "wide." The 28, in MHO, is just too wide to be normal, and not wide
enough to be usefully wide..

But, hey, that's why Leitz and all the other majors stay in business and
produce so many different focal lengths..:-)

B. D.