Subject: Re: [Leica] leica spotting (was re: senseless design)
From: Martin Howard <marho@ikp.liu.se>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 03:38:45 +0200

Gary Elshaw wrote:

> Which reminds me of the recent film with Robert Deniro who uses, i
> think, an R8. The shots used attendant motor noises. I laughed, but
> no one else did. Then again, perhaps everyone in the theatre were R8
> users and the motor wasn't such a funny topic ;-)

You're not thinking of "Ronin", are you?  In that, RdN uses an R6 or
R6.2, and instructs someone to "just point it and press this" indicating
the shutter release.  Hopefully he'd set the exposure first ;)

I seem to remember that might have made motorwinder noises, but it was
wound on manually.  Go figure.

M.

- --
Martin Howard, Grad. Schl. for Human-Machine Interaction,  |
HMI/IKP, Linkoping University, SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.|    Just
Tel: +46 13 28 5741; Fax: +46 28 2579; ICQ: 354739         | say "DOOH"
E-mail: marho@ikp.liu.se; www.iav.ikp.liu.se/staff/marho/  +------------