Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder precision
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 22:34:51 -0700

TTAbrahams@aol.com wrote:

> Mark wrote:
>  >So you have lenses dedicated to certain cameras but work ok on other
> cameras?
>  >Or only work on certain cameras?
> >Can I get my one camera to work perfectly on all my lenese.
> >I missed my focus on a bunch of 135 APO headshots recently and although
> >I could have been otherwise delirious I was wondering if my focus
> >adjustments were somehow out of wack. I was stopped down to f11 in the
> studio.
> >Mark Rabiner
>
> Mark, At f11 you should have had no problem, even with the 135/3,4. I have
> found that some of the really fast lenses need a bit of "tweaking" of the
><snip>If it is sharp, you are home
> free, if not, you have to have the rangefinder close focus cam adjusted (and
> also the rest of the rangefinder corrected, any adjustment on the close focus
> cam will affect the rest of the focus-mechanism).><snip>
> All the best and stay focussed,
> Tom A

Tom thanks for taking the time to fill me and us in on this stuff! I've
printed it and hung it on the wall.
The core of what I was interested in I've left here in your quote about
having to adjust the far AFTER adjusting the near.
I've gotten up the nerve to tweak the far (front screw) as needed but I
don't know how long it will take be to get the nerve to do the near. I'm
wondering if I had inadvertently moved the near at one point. I might
bring it in for a once over by our Leica guy who seems to be still at it
Bill Crispien in Portland ORegon where I am as you know.
Mark Rabiner