Subject: Re: [Leica] Have High Hopes for Heliar
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:14:41 +0400

B. D. Colen wrote:

> This is what makes for horse races, or photos of horse races....If I
> could only own one Leica lens, without question it would be the 35
> Summilux ASPH...I find the 35 to be the ideal focal length...I think
> the ideal two-lens outfit would be the 35 S ASPH and the 75
> Summilux....

Personally I cannot picture my life with two lenses, only. I must have a
90 for portraits. I must have a 24 because it's just about my favourite
focal length, but then I really need a 50, just as a bridge (50 all by
itself is pretty boring, but I need the bridge).

With two lenses I couldn't do what I want/need to do.

Now if I were to have only ONE lens...... hell, I just might keep the
24! Highly unpractical in many situations, but I use it a lot, and it
forces you to think about the composition of the frame: something has to
be in the foreground somehow, to keep the picture alive. So the 24 would
give me more keepers than the 35 or 50.........

Bernard.