Subject: [Leica] Re: IIIg
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 07:48:47 -0400

Perhaps you don't get it. Not only is the IIIg a thing of beauty it is also
the most hightly refined LTM. The vastly improved viewfinder alone is
evidence of this. I have a IIIf and a IIIa as well as a IIf but the the
IIIg is by far the best of the lot.

Ken Wilcox

At 10:56 PM 6/24/99 +0200, you wrote:

>Maybe I don't get it, maybe I just need an aesthetical adjustment, but
>I don't understand the hype around the IIIg.  I think they are ugly as
>sin.  Look like a bastardized concoction of left-over spare parts that
>someone bolted together in their spare time and slapped chrome on.
>
>The BD IIIf without self-timer is really good looking, especially with
>the wider shutter speed dial.  But then it appears someone at Wetzlar
>fed the thing steroids in an uncontrolled experiement, and the hideous
>result is the IIIg.
>
>Rather have a black and nickel II or III any day of the week.
>

>M.
>
>--
>Martin Howard, Grad. Schl. for Human-Machine Interaction,  |
>HMI/IKP, Linkoping University, SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.|    Just
>Tel: +46 13 28 5741; Fax: +46 28 2579; ICQ: 354739         | say "DOOH"
>E-mail: marho@ikp.liu.se; www.iav.ikp.liu.se/staff/marho/  +------------

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>