Subject: Re: [Leica] Have High Hopes for Heliar
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 09:45:53 EDT

In a message dated 6/24/99 11:38:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
TTAbrahams@aol.com writes:

<<  Now, your ball head collection is something else! I thought I was bad at
7
 of them, but 24!!! It is good to know that someone else is even more
 afflicted than I am! >>

My favorite ballheads are the 14121's and the KGOON's, both of which have
dual threads at both ends for 1/4 and 3/8.  When I travel, one ballhead
serves the table tripod, my Gitzo and both Leica and Hasselblad.  Leitz
ballheads are incredible pieces of engineering.  The amount of weight they'll
hold at full lockup is totally disproportionate to the small diameter of the
ball.  Only the late-model small (black) 14119 is a bit weaker than the rest
(has a different lockup mechanism and a smooth ball surface).

DT