Subject: [Leica] Which LEICA R4 ?
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 00:40:20 -0400

Andre wrote:

Which LEICA R4 is it that has TTL and would you recommend it ?
<<<

If you're asking about TTL flash, none of them do.  The R5/R-E and later
bodies do, but none of the R4-series.  Outwardly the R4, R4s and R4sP
cameras look much like the R5, R-E, R6, R6.2 and R7.

Whether I'd recommend it depends on what you need.  The R4s and R4sP I've
used have been reliable and IMHO the R4sP's idiot-proofing, dust seals and
viewfinder indication of manually-set shutter speeds are definite
advantages - particularly the idiot-proof mode switch!

Doug Herr
Sacramento