Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 mm Collapsible
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 12:43:36 EDT

In a message dated 6/26/99 12:20:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Douglas.McLernon@tcd.ie writes:

<< Does anyone have any thoughts on the 90 mm Collapsible Elmar and is the LTM
 and M mount lens the same formula and prformance.
 Regards,
 Doug >>
The main purpose of the lens was so it would fit in the snout of an
ever-ready case (The rigid Elmar and original Elmarit's of the era would
not).  If this is your purpose, either of the 90 Elmar-C or Tele-Elmarits
(fat and skinny) will also fit, and are better performing lenses in the
strictest sense.  But judging by my little (E36) Elmar LTM, it's no slouch
either.  And the collapsible 90 is a cool-looking lens.
To my knowledge the 90 Collapsible Elmar was never made in LTM.  It is,
however, optically identical to the last-version (E39) "rigid" Elmar.
DT