Subject: Re: [Leica] Loading the film
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 12:59:05 +0000

If you pull the film leader out as far as the diagram inside the camera
shows, and then drop the film down that last centimeter, you will often see
that the film leader does not go as far into the take up spool as you
thought it would go. It seems the film retracts just a few millimeters as
it travels the final bit down into the camera, particularily if you do not
hold the cassette --absolutely straight-- when you judge how much of the
lead is going to protrude. Or perhaps it is that the way round the corner
is longer when the pressure plate is in position.  A remedy may be to pull
out the film leader an extra couple of millimetes when in half-down
position making sure the end (almost) touches the prong that is furthest
away. Every millimeter counts! And alway check the rewind button when you
do the first few transport strokes.

Hälsningar till gamla Sverige

 >As a new M6-owner I´m not used to the Leica-filmloading. According to the
>instruction manual you just place the film leader into the take-up chamber
>spool (in the middle of the three post assembly). This is also shown in the
>diagram of the camera housing.
>
>But I don´t think it is that easy. The take-up chamber spool doesn´t pick up
>the film leader like it should. I have to try several times before it works.
>
>Maybe I have to place the film leader through the three post assembly, but
>the
>diagram of the camera housing doesn´t show that.
>
>I need help from you "old" Leica-user with this maybe trivial question.
>

>Jonas Andersson
>Sweden
>

>PS. Do anyone have any experience with the new flash SF20 and M6 TTL.
>Maybe I´m
>buying one and I need some advice.

- --
christer almqvist
eichenstrasse 57, d-20255 hamburg, fon +49-40-407111 fax +49-40-4908440
14 rue de la hauteur, f-50590 regnéville-sur-mer, fon+fax +33-233 45 35 58