Subject: RE: [Leica] Canon, Nikon, and Leica
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 08:10:23 -0700

Marc,

Its spelled "Ehrenreich."  As to PJs its getting the photo that counts.  So
they use the fastest  gear to do so. Canon does provide better service to PJ
and the media.  Nikon still ignores most and its like pulling teeth to get
anything for testing or review.  BTW, Leica does an excellent job in working
with the media/columnists in getting equipment out for review.  Problem here
is market share. $5000 goes a much longer way with Canon in getting a PJ
properly armed than with Leica.  You can get an EOS-3 body ($1400) and
100-400mm Image Stabilizer Zoom Lens ($1600) and still have money left over.
You can't do that with others.  Its like cars, if  your objective is to get
to work you buy a reliable car like a Honda Accord, if you have more money
perhaps a Lexus.  Fewer people would buy a Mercedes to commute to work
unless they have a good deal more income, or live where they are less
expensive to purchase (parts of Europe v. US).

Peter K