Subject: Re: [Leica] Med Format (was: Have High Hopes for Heliar)
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 18:48:05 EDT

In a message dated 6/27/99 4:56:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mrabiner@concentric.net writes:

<< It's a whole different kind of fun! You're darn hard on that poor
 Hasselblad! Don't forget that mirror slap up side button! This
 indispensable feature is very usable hand held! And fun!>>

Like "pin the tail on the donkey"?  That's fun blindfolded, too.  Actually, I
masked off a cosmetically-challenged Leitz 5cm BL finder to square
proportions and keep it in the flash shoe on my PM90 prism to use with the 80
when I use the MLU (after focusing).  Neccessity is the mother of invention.

 <>

Too late.  I'm not putting any more $$ into the Rollei.  The beattie screens
aren't the greatest, I'll admit, but I didn't do much research at the time.
I had one left over that I took out of a Pentax 6x7 when I sold it, and
finally cut it down and installed it in my 500C.  Not nearly as nice as the
acute-matte in my C/M.  The beattie darkens at the corners if you don't keep
your eye straight, and it's a lot better with the prism than the W.L.
magnifier.

DT