Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Loading the film
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 21:11:04 -0600

> Folks, folks: just pick up an ABLON film-trimming template (or
> take a pair of
> little scissors and double the length of the leader).  It takes about 10
> seconds for each roll.  Just do up the night before however many
> rolls you're
> planning to shoot. Anyone who shoots LTM *has* to do this.  The
> M6 is an M4
> on the inside, and in 1967 the leaders were *longer*.  Try one
> roll, you'll
> see that any brand will load like a dream.
>
> DT

GREAT,

So I am sat in my hotel room in Managua - as well as writing all my notes,
phoning my contacts, dusting all my camera inside and out trying to keep out
the insidious dust from the dry season, cleaning my lenses, writing up
captions etc etc

NOW, I have to cut new leaders on 20 or 30 rolls of film and guess which
ones I will be using in my M6 and which in my Nikons?? Because maybe Leica
hasn't figured out that film leaders have changed over the last 25 years or
so! I'm sure glad my M6 is such a "professional" camera - which has so far
succeeded at packing in on two occasions in the last few years, in the
middle of important assignments (something NONE of my 3 Nikons, or my 3 OM's
have ever done). I can see why Tina has taken to carrying what? 5 M6 bodies
now...

Tim A

Who still persists with his M6 because the lenses are good and it is quiet