Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 film loading
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:07:32 EDT

In a message dated 6/28/99 9:49:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dkhong@pacific.net.sg writes:

 of achievement, anxiety which I thought, as an owner of the venerable M6, I
 must endure as a prelude to taking good pictures.  Of course, I did not
 know better until I started using the G2. >>

In fairness I have my share of frustration loading various SLR's too.  Many
is the time in haste when I *thought* the leader was firmly caught by the
prong on the takeup spool but as I started to wind it slipped out (and of
course the curled end snaps back and skims across the shutter curtains).
I've also had quite a few misloads with "auto loading" SLR's too.  Blinking
lights and LCD displays blinking "Error" "Error" "Error".
 I once loaded 3 6x9 rollfilm backs all wrong-side-out.  Blinking display in
my head "Idiot" "Idiot" "Idiot".

DT