Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: OT: Good starter body
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:35:54 -0400

Nathan-
Great idea- I wish my father had had the interest in photography that you
have! The SL will probably serve him well on into middle age! I am
continually amazed that I get perfect (well, nearly perfect! :o}~ )
negatives time after time with the SL, and I see work pass through the lab
taken with the latest do-it-all, hyper fast autofocus, auto exposure,
autoload Whizzica with UltraMushinon lenses, that is autobad!
auto-hard-to-print, and just plain a waste of film!
Too many people think that with a camera that has a "PhD" button (Push Here,
Dummy!) that they can take photographs anytime, anyplace, under any
conditions!
I am heartened that you are teaching the lad the right way! You are a good
father! ( Does this mean you'll share your LTM stuff with him, too!?!?
}~   )
Dan