Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Good starter body
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 23:39:09 -0400

At 10:27 PM 6/28/99 -0400, Ed Meyers wrote:

>The Leitz "Quick load"device was never meant for the M3. It was
>meant for the M2. For the M3 to activate the film counter you must
>remove the spool. The M2 is manual film number setting, so you
>don't have to remove the Quick-load spool. Works fine with the M2.

The problem, Ed, isn't in the removing of the spool on the M3 to reset the
M3's infinitely superior counter.  What we DO know is that the silly thing
only works on M1, M2, or M3 when installed with magnficent precision and
maintained with constant attention to detail.

It WAS a flop on the marketplace!  The Leica users, thirty years ago, must
have avoided it in droves.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!