Subject: Re: [Leica] Last minute advice
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 11:45:49 -0700

"Timothy J. Kamke" wrote:

> I have been losing sleep over a possible (imminent?) Leica purchase; new
> M6TTL and new 50 f/1.8.  I've been a long-time Nikon user and will continue
> to be.  Just wanting to; 1) refresh my photography with a more thoughtful
> system (meaning that I will be more thoughtful when making photos as opposed
> to pointing and shooting with an F5), 2) have a camera with me at ALL TIMES,
> and 3) enjoy the experience of using the Leica for what it is, and isn't.
>    I have been reading the LUG for about two months and enjoy it.  Three
> questions; Have any of you felt remorse over spending this kind of cash on a
> Leica outfit (I'm looking at $3000 U.S.), and if so, why?  Will my proposed
> set-up meet my 3 needs outlined above?  Should I buy it at B&H, Chatterton
> or where?
> Thanks in advance for your comments.
> Tim Kamke

I got my new M6 with 50 Summicron six years and two months ago. I've had
it 2260 days.
I got it from Adorama which I've never heard mentioned on the list.
I am also always with camera although sometimes it is my Rollei 35 which
is the camera which made me go Leica M in the first place.
So I've paid a dollar a day to get myself into the Leica photographer
category. That's less than I spend for espresso.
I'd have to say it was worth it.
Tools are my #1 consideration. Then food and shelter.
Mark Rabiner
Run your film, let it dry.
Put it on the light table.
Like your camera?