Subject: [Leica] Re: Attacment for centering M6 on tripod
From: TDSatty@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:27:48 EDT

As others have mentioned, the Leica grip will give you a centered tripod
mount, but its about $100 US.  Kirk Enterprises (www.kirkphoto.com) has a
special quick release plate that looks like it attaches like the Leica grip,
but has a 4 inch (100mm) long area for Arca- type quick release mounting, for
$60.  Their quick releases start at $47.

I have been using the Stroboframe QR, which has an off-center hole in the
mounting plates, which is in the right place for the Leica M.  However, when
I tighten it down, the adapter sticks up off the baseplate on the far end,
only contacting the baseplate in the vicinity of the tripod screw, and will
twist around.  I tried substituting a piece of bath tub anti-slip tape for
the cork, but that did not work either.  I also tried their anti-twist plate,
but it does not work -- anyone have any suggestions as to how to use the
Stroboframe QR on the M6?

Tom Schofield