Subject: Re: R: [Leica] TID: Leica Binoculars
From: Xavier Logean <xavier.logean@epfl.ch>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 11:24:52 +0200

linda wrote:

> Hello Luggers,
> I recently bought a WW2  10x50 beh porro prisms binos which work very fine.
> What about Porro Prism 8x30 Leica Binoculars(Swiss Army Issue) offered by
> Deutscheoptik?

Hi Linda,

As a Swiss and as "soldier"
(In Switzerland, the army is mandatory for every man and it is a yearly task)
I can say that the Leica Swiss Army are really exceptionally good, they
follow the Leica standard and are even better because they are more robust.

The only disadvantage is the independent focus of each eye, which is
annoying from my point of view (this is probably a design choice for robustness
?)

Xavier.

> As far as I know  the last porro prism binos built by Leitz/Leica come from
> sixties.
> Giancarlo

Logean Xavier                            e-mail: xavier.logean@epfl.ch
Swiss Federal Institute                  Phone : ++41 21 693 52 57
of Technology Lausanne  (EPFL)           Fax   : ++41 21 693 66 10
Computer Science Department (DI)         url   : http://icawww.epfl.ch
Institute for computer Communications and Applications (ICA)
CH-1015 Lausanne