Subject: Re: [Leica] contax G2?
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 21:58:26 +0000

What I like about the G2:

1. For a decent price, this camera is packed with features.  The Carl Zeiss
lenses are excellent optics which are great value for money.  The shutter
is about the most accurate you can get.

2. The AE system is very very accurate and I always get a higher percentage
of useable negatives compared to my M-system.

3. I like street photography.  I always get great shots just by hanging the
G2 and my 28mm/35mm lenses from my neckstrap and just fire away.

4. Film loading is a piece of cake.  Just pop in the film, stretch the
leader to the mark, close the back and the camera takes care of the rest.
I sometimes have to fiddle and fiddle with my M6 to get the film wound into
the right place.

4. Many people complain about the AF accuracy of their G2. I find that
there is a learning curve which does not take a long time to fulfill.
After that, it is smooth sailing.

5. I have no trouble auto-focussing the G2 in complete darkness.

Dan K.