Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica & Linhof
From: Mark Newport <newport_m@utpb.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 10:45:33 -0500

>Jim Brick wrote:
>><snip>We then drove
>> south along the Sonoma coast to Bodega Bay.><snip>
>> Jim
>Mark wrote:
>We drove that route on our honeymoon!
>I'd heard rumblings about innovations in the dark cloth thing. Another
>way to get me back into sheet film. Get me back is not a fair thing to
>say because I've never given it much of a shot. And I am all set up for
>it, rubber tanks and all. I took my Cambo to the coast once.

My wife's side family thought I was crazy when I rigged up the Master
Technika /270mm Linhof with a polaroid back and shot water ski pix out of
the back of their speeding boat.  BTW the sheet film looked great too. The
Leicas look like point and shoots so I'm redeemed....sort of. They still
think I'm about one burrito short of a combination plate.

Mark

R. Mark Newport
Publications and Special Projects
University of Texas - Permian Basin