Subject: [Leica] July 4, good luck
From: kt66@cyberhighway.net (ckk)
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 22:53:15 -0700 (PDT)

Once again, I am heading to the great little town of Waldport, Oregon,USA on
the coast, during the USA's big holiday, 4th of July. Usually one has to
contend with the salty fog while photographing the meager fireworks.

This year, we are blessed with cold weather late into the year, and a
forecast of heavy clouds and probable rain on the 4th. Thrilled I got the
Elmarit-M 90mm lens this year, but am still looking  for excuses to use it.

Maybe a salt laden, rain drenched fireworks display is just the ticket.

Do I immerse the entire camera system in fresh water after taking pics of
such an  event?

Or do I cover all Leica gear in Vaseline prior to the big night, just in case?

Or should I simply use my old Contax IIIA color dial instead?An M-6 or a
Contax IIIA are my only choice at this time. I should risk salt and water
damage to only one model at a time, let the LUGgers choose.

Kevin