Subject: Re: [Leica] 135mm finder for iiif
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 07:48:19 EDT

In a message dated 7/1/99 11:11:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
KPETERS@huntel.net writes:

<< I have a IIIf.  While she is mine to love, the viewfinder is like looking
through a keyhole, and it has always left me feeling guilty for not having a
'm' camera!  Since I love the IIIf, I bought a 135mm finder for use with my
tele lens.  Does anyone out there have experience with a 135 brightline
finder?  Apparently it does not have any paralax compensation.  How do you
compensate for nearer photos????  Guess apparently?  Any comments on using
accessory finders for the tm system?

The Leitz 90 and 135 finders have a ring around the eyepiece which is marked
like a focusing scale.  You turn it to the focused distance and it tilts the
finder down to compensate for parallax.   Two *prime* advantages of the
accessory finders (I use 21, 28, 50, 90, 135 for scenics) are the lifesize
view (I keep both eyes open) and the fact that they show field size at
infinity.  The M's internal finder frames show the field size at closest
focusing distance which always amounts to quite a bit less than you actually
get on film, and the discrepancy increases with longer focal lengths.
DT