Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W film stock questions
From: Paul Klingaman <pklingaman@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 08:40:10 PDT

Mitch,

I've been in exactly the same situation, only months ago.  Can't say much
about color, but as for Black and White work:

Process the Delta3200 at 1600, you'll be pleased.

If it's 'artsy' you want, take along a Holga and load it with the Delta3200
or TMZ, it just doesn't get any more 'artsy' than that.

If you like the HP5, try good old Tri-x.  Tri-x is great for pushing to
EI800, and you'll be thankful for the exposure lattitude.

Give Xtol a shot.  If you don't particularly care for grain, you will be
pleased with the advantages of this developer.

In my situation, I took 2 rolls of TMX, 4 rolls of Tri-x, and 4 rolls of 120
D3200.  I used an M6 and a Holga.  At the reception I let some of the
children walk around with the Holga and snap away.  Ironically enough, 2 of
these shots were outstanding.  I made a book for the couple after the
wedding of 10 photos. of the 10, 3 were taken with the D3200(Holga), 2 from
TMX(M6), and 5 from Tri-x(M6).  The couple liked the B&W book more than the
professional work.  I think couples are just afraid of B&W, until they see
how nice it can be.  I'm certainly no professional.  Hope this helps!

Regards,
Paul