Subject: [Leica] Film Stock Options
From: wvl <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 10:24:52 -0700

Mitch, for the ultimate in hi res and fine grain try Konica Impressa 50
color neg film. It is super fine but has moderate contrast. I use it
often. You can get a 100 ft. roll from Freestylesalesco for about $20.Be
prepared for some minor printing problems if you use an average mini-lab
becaure few are familiar with this film. The prints may come back with a
magenta cast first time. Use a good lab or print your own and you will
see what your lenses can do.

I made an 11X14 test print of a shot of my neighbor's yard and thought
there was dirt on the neg. Under a strong loupe it turned out to be the
fine details of a cobweb! Konica Impressa 50 and a Canon FD 135mm 2.0.

Bill Lawlor