Subject: Re: [Leica] SMALL flash for M4
From: Dan Bereskin <bereskin@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 18:44:20 -0400

You might consider a Metz 20BC6.  It's pretty small.  Trouble is, the
flash is too close to the lens.  I have mine mounted on a handle that's
attached to the camera shoe.  A smaller, more powerful and more
expensive alternative is a Contax TLA200.  It's TTL, but  you can use it
in auto mode.  It's incredibly small and powerful, but no good mounted
right on the camera: you need to hand hold it.  I gave up trying to make
do with tiny flashes, and ended up getting a Metz 40MZ3, which is very,
very good (and expensive, sadly).  You can bounce flash the main light,
and turn on a secondary direct fill, for very soft illumination.
Trouble is, the flash though fairly small for what it is, is about as
big as the camera!