Subject: Re: [Leica] ideal SINGLE lens for M6HM
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 10:02:03 EDT

mrabiner@concentric.net writes:

<< A "camera" is much less of a big deal than a "Kit" to deal with having
 with you all day.  >>

The Leica M system is so compact a "kit" may be carried in a small bag and
provide an enormous picture taking potential.  Years and years ago when I was
shooting for the Norman Transcript and Daily Oklahoman, my kit was a 21,  28,
35, 50 DR, 135,  two M-3 bodies, 6 cassettes of film,  lightmeter, several
filters and a few odds and ends carried in the Leica fitted bag that was 11
inches long X 6 inches high X 7 inches deep.   Pretty compact "kit"
especially compared to the "kit" I now take on SCUBA diving trips or just off
the Fossil Rim or the zoo for fun.  This small "kit" handled the equipment
necessary for a great majority of my assignments and another bag carried the
Visoflex and long lenses for the Sooners football and baseball games.

The Leica "system" is very handy and you are assured you have the best so you
may concentrate on the picture rather than worrying about equipment.

My hunch is if the shooter buys just the M series body and one lens, he or
she will be hooked pretty quickly and begin adding a 35 here and a 90 there
until, at least, part of the system has been acquired.

That's my two cents for the morning.

Don  R.