Subject: Re: [Leica] Travel Security
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 07:14:08 -0700

Guy Bennett wrote:

>where HAVEN'T they got you???>>>>>>>

Guy,

North Pole, New York, Colombia, Tel Aviv, London, Chicago, Tokyo, Sapporo,
Toronto, Kennebunkport, Quebec, Auckland, Mexico, Edinburgh, Houston,
Newcastle on Tyne, Paris, Berlin, Niagra Falls, Cali, Zambia, El Arish,
Seattle, Rome, Montreal, Halifax, Laredo, Miami, Kyoto, Leopoldville, Hong
Kong, Lankawi, Vancouver, Edmonton, Frankfurt, Munich, Cardiff,
Indianapolis, San Jose, Calgary, Stockholm, Copenhagan, Monaco,Barcelona,
Albertville, Madrid and home town of Victoria......:)

And a whole bunch more I don't remember.  :):) Always with a Leica of some
model openly carried for use at all times.

Got my body cleaned of money/American Exp. on a street in Saigon the second
day I was there. Rookie on the street hit! Boy do you learn fast. The kids
worked in  "packs of a half dozen" or so and they'd kinda swarm you from
all sides pulling at your clothes and asking for money, candy while at the
same time they stripped you clean before you realized what had happened.

As a rookie just arriving, I wasn't aware that they worked this
way....besides I was busy hanging onto my cameras while forgetting the
pockets! Oh well that was a long time ago.

And all this because I posted a security note. :)

And to my good friend MC Lau in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. You're right, I
wasn't "robbed" as in having it taken from my person, but "stolen" is
correct due to my stupid laps of attention.

Hi MC no sign of an R 8 with a 35-70 around town anywhere? :)

ted