Subject: Re: [Leica] Costa Rica and Latin American thieves in general
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 12:48:31 -0700

WILLIAM CALDWELL wrote:

> SNIP --
>
> DABirkey@aol.com wrote:
><snip>
> There are typically two types of thieves,  pickpocket
> non-confrontational types and the armed give it to me or I shoot you
> types..
>
> SNIP --
>
> Duane,
>
> Thank you for one of the best short articles on non-confrontational and
> confrontational street crime that I have read.  It is a great primer for
> most of us, puts things in context and should be required reading for
> any photographer on the move.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Bill Caldwell
> Northern Virginia

I feel exactly as strongly about this excellent piece as Bill does. I
have printed it and it is hanging on my wall. It should go under my
pillow the night before I leave on that big exotic airplane trip to hell.
I'm a tad afraid of travel. I like being in control.  The major thing
having to do with the fact that I feel I am not knowing what I should be
knowing about what the heck is going on. This kind of post alleviates
this by filling me in on the must needed to know inside track.
Mark Rabiner