Subject: [Leica] Re: 2X Extender - (non APO)
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 15:58:59 -0700

Dick,

The extenders limit the maximum aperture of the taking lens to f/2.
Therefore, a 2x on an f/1.4 lens, e.g. the 80/1.4, will turn out to be a
160/4 lens. The 1.4 f/stop isn't usable so you cannot get a 160/2.8 out of
it. Just f/2 which = f/4 with extender.

In addition, anywhere the APO 2x extender can be used, so can the non APO
2x extender. Only with, perhaps, less resolution in the result.

Jim