Subject: Re: [Leica] Travel Security
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horst.schmidt@actek.com.au>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 00:36:09 +1000

Bud Cook wrote:

> Horst,
> Isn't Australia also the home of the deadly Tunnel Web spider and 9 out of
> the 10 most poisonous snakes in the world:-)
> Bud

Bud, You are correct, actually you where quite conservative. We have also
Crocodiles,Man eating Coalas , Crusher Wombats and our Rabbits have a tendency
to stampede. Everything in their way is crushed and destroyed. It horrible. If
you seen it once, You know  what mayhem really means.
The only tame animals here are the Kangaroos. They are used in the supermarkets
as shopping trolleys. They have the advantage over the conventional trolleys,
that they don't need to be collected from the car park or the neighbor hood
streets. They come back to where the food is.
Then we also have the so called "Killer Aborigines" . The come in to the cities
and trough Boomerangs at the population.  No Boomerang has as yet been
captured, they all came back to the owners.  Here in Melbourne it is quite
common, that, if a person hears a whirling type of a sound, the person yells:
"Duck" and you'll find most of the population on the ground.
However here in Melbourne we have learned to live with all this perils.
The only real fear we ever have, Is to see a Bunyip. This is a distant slightly
inbred relative of the Unicorn. I just hope and pray, that I never see one
ever.

Regards, .........MY goodd ccrrccchh , what this  chrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aahhhhhh.

Horst