Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm Summicron-M vs Summilux-M
From: Zeissleica@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 19:08:20 EDT

gbennett@club-internet.fr writes:

>  after weighing the proverbial pros and cons, i opted for the s-cron, as i
>  couldn't imagine that the approximately $1,000. price difference would be
>  justified by the quality of the low light images i might make with the
>  s-lux, and frankly, that would be the only reason that i can see that one
>  would choose the s-lux over the s-cron. if i really wanted/needed the low
>  light capabilities, i would seriously consider the noctilux, and then start
>  buying lotto tickets in bulk.

As an FYI...

I picked up a previously owned Noctilux in absolute mint condition in it's
original box for $1,495.  This is an early example of the second series
(f/1.0, without the built-in lens hood) and is giving me astounding images in
every condition I've shot with it.  The prior owner said he had only run 6
six rolls past it in the previous 5 years, and it really looks the part.

Certainly consider purchasing a previously owned (maybe never used) lens; it
could save you a vast amount of money.

/Mitch