Subject: [Leica] M6 question
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:59:09 EDT

With an upcoming venture to foreign lands, I was wondering, in regards to the
M6, from those who have used them a lot over a period of time, how many
people (if any) have had them fail in the course of use, and in what way?
Later or earlier model?  I'm not referring to failures as a result of damage
(impact, submersion, etc.) or things like the infamous frame-counter.  I'm
concerned with something unforseen which rendered the camera unreliable or
unusable, or spoiled film without your knowing it until developed...things of
that nature.  (Like shutter, winding, rangefinder etc. but not "out of the
box" defects).  (I know my description sounds complicated but I'm just trying
to avoid a total rehash of what's probably been hashed here before.  Anyone
can e-mail me privately, of course.)

Thanks
DT