Subject: Re: [Leica] 11817
From: Mark Newport <newport_m@utpb.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 13:53:03 -0500

>Lets hear it from the rest of you Luggers. Is the 11817 a dog, or might it be
>a fine and delightful lens like most other Leitz glass?
>
>Regards, Paul Connet

About five years ago, a wet spring combined with double seed cycle of
wildflowers resulted in an absolute carpet of color that we seldom get here
at the university. I shot the flowers extensively with the office F-1's and
Canon lenses. The Kodachromes were beautiful but there was one set of
slides that everyone seemed drawn to. I shot those slides with my M4-P/50
Summicron (1973) and no one could really say why they were better, they
just were. Those slides were used in some of our campus publications at the
time.  I like my old Wetzlar 50mm.

Newp

R. Mark Newport
Publications and Special Projects