Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 question backups
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 13:16:28 -0700

Tim Atherton wrote:
><snip> won't be relying on my M system unless I have at least two
bodies with me
> (which I don't have at present) and preferably three. I have come to see
> that the bodies just aren't reliable enough. I stick with them because of
> the lenses and the quiet unobtrusiveness of the M bodies for people
> photography.
>
> Tim A
><snip>
I never when doing anything significant especially involving money ever
took just one Nikon or Hasselblad body to a job and it's a lucky thing
too. In several ocasions my own human body was saved when a camera body
gave out.
M bodies are machines and as machines it is their nature to give out at
the worst possible time. I've had pretty good luck with my M6 over 6.5
years and am due for a second body as I'm sick of bringing along other
camera "systems" as a back up.
Mark Rabiner