Subject: Re: [Leica] M7, anyone?
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 0:36 +0100 (BST)

Eric Chong writes:

> I've heard from my leicaphiles in S'pore that the M7 is about to be out.
> Apparently it's on a Chinese Photographic Press... and it carried pics
> on
> it. The top of M7 is supposedly 3mm higher than the M6 Classic .. ( 1mm
> higher than M6 TTL.. sucks!). And it features a top speed of 1/2000!

I'd be very *very* surprised if this were true. While Leica obviously
has the design of the M7 in hand, the suggestion that it is taller still
than the M6TTL makes me doubt this particular rumour.

Leica has only *just* re-tooled to make a taller M6 body. They'd be stark
raving *bonkers* to re-tool yet again for its successor. If the M7 follows
so soon after the M6TTL, you can be sure that the design of the M6TTL left
enough room for whatever needs to go in the M7.

David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk