Subject: [Leica] Re: Peru & Lori Berenson
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 21:03:27 -0700

At 06:35 PM 7/6/99 -0500, quem wrote:

>I would like to call list members' attention to the plight of a young woman
>now in her early 20's who has been unjustly imprisoned for over three years
>in Peru.  As this forum is not the place to discuss the details, I urge
>interested members to visit the following website:
>
>http://freelori.org
>
>Since this list is composed of many well-connected men/women experienced in
>dealing with the news media, perhaps there may be a few who could offer
>suggestions to help this young woman.

>To hell with "proper".  Thank god for the "troublemakers" of this world who
>are willing to act on their convictions as to what's right and wrong; even
>if it involves subversion!
>
>quem

At any given moment, there are millions of individual struggles, going on,
throughout the world. A large portion of these struggles are brought onto
one's self by one's self. If one is dumb enough to get one's self into such
a position, one should not expect total strangers to come to one's aid. And
since there is always two sides to every story, a stranger would be doubly
dumb to get involved in a political fracas, in some remote country, over
some unknown cause.

And likewise, at any given moment, there are millions of Internet scams
trolling for suckers.

Most people have enough problems of there own to solve without taking on
unknown causes for unknown people in unknown places under unknown
circumstances.

Quem's post is perhaps the stu... oh never mind...

It's originator is relegated to my "filter-to-trash" list from now until
hell freezes over.

Jim