Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux Gloom-Buster VS 75mm f/1.4 ...
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 22:27:59 +0200

Andre,

I have both of these, and I use them in quite different ways. The 75mm
Summilux is simply my brilliant medium tele lens, used at all apertures and
in all situations. The f1.4 maximum aperture is used when the situation
calls for it, but was not my exclusive reason for buying this lens. The
Noctilux, on the other hand, is my special lens for low light shooting and
is hardly ever used at apertures smaller than f2. It is an extremely
difficult and idiosyncratic lens but the results are magic when it works. I
do not at all view these two lenses as substitutes for each other.

Nathan

Andre Jean Quintal wrote:

>         --> I'd sure like people who use or have used
>         both a Noctilux and the 75mm f/1.4 argue
>         the pros and cons of both.
>         I can sure appreciate f/1 capability but I tend to wish
>         the 75mm f/1.4 would come to me first.
>         Any good ideas ?
>
>         AJQ

>    "Of course, everybody knows pigs rule this World."
>
>                 Miss Piggy, in a private interview
>                 leading to her authorized life story.

- --
Nathan Wajsman