Subject: [Leica] DOF?
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 12:10:53 +0200

Hi, I have a beginner's question.  What is a definition of DOF?  I assume
that a plane of focus has no depth or thickness and that resolution/contrast
is a function of the distance from the plane....   Such functions should
depend on lens design and may explain lens characters....  If so, DOFs
calculated with a single formula have limited significance in real shooting.
Could someone please enlighten me.

Cheers,

Mikiro