Subject: RE: [Leica] ALPS 5000 Printer -anyone tried it?
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:48:28 -0700

I've never used it, but have considered both the 5000 (with the dye-sub
module) and its little brother, the 1300 for my impending leap into a
digital darkroom.  I've heard, however that they sometimes have banding
problems in areas of solid colour, like blue skies, due to the fact that the
dyes are sublimed off a ribbon.

Check out the rec.photo.digital newsgroup, and its archive on Deja News.
There's lots of discussion of the Alps, but the consensus there seems to
lean toward the Epson Photo inkjets.

Paul Chefurka