Subject: Re: [Leica] Monopods (somewhat off topic)
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 20:03:34 -0700

Dave Richards wrote:

> I hope the membership can help me in my quest.
>
> I'm looking for a monopod but I have yet to find one of a suitable size.  I
> want it to be telescoping for transportability, but I also want it to be
> quite tall at maximum extension.  I'm 6'3".  My eyes are approximately 5'9"
> (69") off the ground.
>
> Is there anything out there that fits my requirements?
>
> Dave

At 6'3" I would go for a Monopod with an extra two legs for some added
stability. I hear the jet stream can influence you up there.
A great view but not very stable... for one stick.
Seriously in my experience Monopods have very specialized limited uses.
The races, maybe fashion shows. Mine and I'm sure most spend most of
their time leaning up against a corner very lonely. Do they give you an
extra stop? Maybe.
But they are cheap and come in every size. Mine is a Bogan which I got
for $33.33. Gitzo make them for $333.33. Give or take.
Mark Rabiner